How it works:
- The Youth Center executive committee will match mentees with mentors based on developmental goals and areas of interest included in the participant’s application.
- During the 3 month period, pairs will meet for a minimum of 8 hours monthly (either in person or via phone/video conference); and must meet in person at least once a month.
- While we hope that many mentors will form lasting professional associations with their mentee, the mentoring commitment can be understood to consist of a few phone calls to field questions, a face to face meeting if possible, and invitations and introductions at professional meetings where possible.
- Potential Mentors and Mentees will be asked to complete a profile form. This will assist the Mentor Coordinator in making the best match possible.
What we expect from mentors:
- Commit to spending a minimum of 8 hours a month with the mentee
- Be willing to communicate with the mentee weekly
- Complete the screening procedure
- Agree to attend mentor trainings as required
- Be willing to communicate regularly with the program coordinator and submit monthly meeting and activity information.
What we expect from mentees:
- A Mentee must be a members of the Youth Center.
- Demonstrate a desire to participate in the program and be willing to abide by all the Programs policies and procedures.
- Be able to obtain parental/guardian permission and ongoing support for participation in the program (for teens and young adults).
- Agree to a 3 month commitment to the program.
- Commit to spending a minimum of 8 hours a month with the mentor.
- Be willing to communicate with the mentor weekly.
- Complete screening procedure.
- Agree to attend mentee trainings as required.
- Be willing to communicate regularly with the program coordinator and discuss monthly meeting and activity information